Controlling exposure to risks is a critical part of making a workplace safe. erms delivers services to identify hazards, assess the realistic inherent probabilities and consequences, and recommend control strategies that are fully costed. We have been involved in risk management programs from highly technical and unusual to very simple.
erms has a high degree of capability in designing, reviewing and assisting clients implement risk management systems. We gain an insight into specific business needs and design programs that fit the specific structure of the organisation.
Our personnel have graduate and post-graduate qualifications in risk management supported by many years of industry experience – our people have a solid technical understanding of all facets of risk that face modern day business.
Having come from industry our people understand the needs of large, high risk organisations in the process industry. We understand the drivers behind business risk management programs and the processes by which risk information is collected and collated across the organisation.
erms specialises in the provision of whole-of-business risk management services. Our technical capability is broad – encompassing disciplines such as:
- establishing whole-of-business risk sources
- risk source identification & analysis
- establishing risk systemisation & aggregation programs across organisations
- material risk assessment & critical control monitoring
- establishing reliable performance standards
- developing organisational risk verification & validation programs.
erms is highly adept in aligning risk management programs with organisational appetite for risk and establishing procedures that formalise the risk transfer and acceptance process to personnel with formal risk ownership accountabilities. It has been our experience that investing appropriately in the human focussed processes underlying the business-wide risk management program is just as important as the systematic tools used to aggregate risk profile across the organisation.
Technical Risk Analysis
Our personnel are all highly experienced in the design, implementation and application of technical risk analysis tools in a range of business support areas. As a business, erms has a track record of undertaking complex risk analysis work in both a system HSE and process safety context. We are also well versed in applying semi-quantitative and qualitative risk identification, analysis and control activities to standard business risk exposures including legal compliance, reputational, community relations and financial exposures.
erms has a strong capability in the use of technical risk modelling tools and analysis software programs, examples include:
- hazard & operability studies
- DWOP / CWOP
- failure modes, events & criticality analysis
- fault tree analysis & event tree analysisOur people also have strong experience with risk aggregation tools such as CURA.
Risk Monitoring & Communication
erms has a high degree of capability in developing systems that facilitate senior management oversight of organisational risk profile and material risk exposure. The most important aspect of this function is ensuring that senior decision makers can quickly identify new areas of risk that pose a material impact on the business, and have tools at their disposal that maintain confidence in the ongoing effectiveness of critical risk control measures.
We work with systems that allow an effective aggregation of multiple risk exposure sources to generate a realistic risk profile while maintaining system integrity as such that accountable managers are still able to identify significant exposures and intervene as required.
erms also has the capacity to develop broad-ranging risk communication systems and programs – this can include anything from the delivery of general workforce awareness training tailored to a specific risk management program to the development of risk reporting processes and preparation of dashboard monitoring systems for senior managers.
While a lot of what we do involves optimisation of safety & risk management processes, we also perform many other activities, including:
- Business analysis health checks
- Conducting feasibility studies for risk control methodologies
- Constructing and conducting research and surveys
- Business and Benefits case preparation
- Current and future state evaluations, gap analysis and solution proposals
- Business requirement specifications
- Development of testing and implementation strategies
- Conducting/overseeing User Acceptance Testing of control mechanisms
- Preparation of process and system documentation
- Development of training materials
- Conducting post implementation reviews
- Benchmarking to identify relative WHS performance and strategies for improvement
- Procurement analysis – analysing new materials, substances plant and equipment
- Environmental scanning – analysing industry based information
- Recommending strategies for better or reduced cost risk control solutions.